1. Always do a review of the location. It will give you an idea of which exact pieces of equipment, like lenses, lights, cameras, accessories, etc., you might need while shooting.
2. Always check if all the lights, bulbs, fans, etc. are working, because there is a chance that many things might not work as they're being used regularly. You can always edit photos, but with video, you might not have a chance to adjust it.
3. Also keep all the surfaces spotless and tidy, whether it is the floor, table, or kitchen counter, as there might be traces of usage such as stains, handprints, etc., which can be edited in photos, but in videos, you will get no chance of altering them.
4. While shooting, try to avoid getting yourself captured in the mirror. Especially in video content, try to change angles and then shoot. It will also give you a different perspective on shooting a particular site, and you will learn different ways of creating different camera angles.
5. Always shoot in ambient lighting because it will give pictures and videos a realistic look that the customers will later view.
6. Check if all the props and furniture are in good shape because, while shooting in a flat, it might have a lot of visitor activities. Sometimes things are damaged unknowingly, and we don't realise it while shooting.
7. Try to shoot a sample or show flat on weekdays, like from Monday to Thursday. Don't shoot on Saturday or Sunday.
If you are shooting a sample or show flat that has been built for a long time, it might have a massive number of visitors, visiting to see the show/sample flat.
8. I have made some thumb rules for my assignments, which have been helpful to me in my edits as well as in keeping the client satisfied. While shooting videos, always take basic shots as backup, i.e., block shots, pan shots ( left to right and vice versa), etc. Also panning from top to bottom gives a very good effect to the video. Try to take at least 2 to 3 different shots of the same area so that your editor has a variation in angles to edit.
Founder, Editmaster Production’s
To Know More about Amardeep Singh Nagi, and Editmaster Production's, visit http://www.editmasterindia.com/